This Diwali be smart and buy Sovereign Gold Bonds instead of Physical Gold. SGB is the most hassle-free way of buying Gold.
3rd Tranche of Sovereign Gold Bond for 2017-18 is open for subscription from 16- 18th October 2017. While the Nominal value of the bond works out to ₹ 2987/- per gram. GOI, in consultation with the RBI, has decided to offer a discount of ₹ 50 per gram on the nominal value to those investors applying online and the payment against the application is made through a digital mode of the Sovereign Gold Bond. Hence, the issue price of Gold Bond for this tranche has been fixed at ₹ 2937 /- (Rupees Two thousand nine hundred and thirty seven only) per gram of gold.
Sovereign Gold Bond 2017-18 Series-IV
|Subscription Period||Issue Price per gram (₹)||Investment limit for Individuals||Interest per annum||Date of Issuance|
|October 16 – 18, 2017||₹ 2987/-
₹ 2937/-( For Online applications)
|2.50%||October 23, 2017|
Why it makes sense to buy SGB instead of Physical Gold
- Attractive Interest with asset appreciation opportunity
- Redemption is linked to Gold Price
- Elimination of risk and cost of storage
- Exempt from Capital gains tax, if held till maturity
- Helps you save money (5-15%) upfront, which otherwise, would go to the jeweler as making charges(coins/ bar/ lose gold chips do carry making charges (profit margin))
- This is a more efficient way to accumulate gold
- Carries no markdown on prevailing price of gold at the time of early redemption (post 5 years) or at maturity.
- Bonds will be tradable on stock exchanges within a fortnight of the issuance on a date as notified by the RBI.
Sovereign Gold Bond Features
Eligibility: The bonds will be restricted for sale to resident Indian entities including individuals, HUFs, Trusts, Universities and Charitable institutions.
Denomination: The bonds will be denominated in units of one gram of gold and multiples thereof.
Minimum size: Minimum permissible investment will be 1 gram of gold.
Maximum limit: Maximum limit of subscription shall be of 4 kg for individuals, 4 kg for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and 20 kg for trusts and similar entities notified by the government from time to time
Interest rate: The investors will be paid Interest on the amount of initial investment at the rate notified by RBI for a particular tranche at the time of its launch and is payable semi-annually.
Tenor: The tenor of the bond will be for a period of 8 years with an exit option from 5th year onwards to be exercised on the interest payment dates.
Redemption: Redemption price shall be fixed in Indian Rupees and the redemption price shall be based on simple average of closing price of gold of 999 purity of previous 3 business days from the date of repayment, published by the India Bullion and Jewelers Association Limited.
How to Buy
You can buy this easily from an authorized dealer. It can be bought online through Aspire Personal Financial Solutions. Contact us on 9999 321 868 or leave a message below.
#Diwali #Dhanteras #Gold #SoverignGoldBonds # AspirePersonalFinancialSolutions